Re: Improving the notation for ecpg.addons rules

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Improving the notation for ecpg.addons rules
Date: 2024-08-19 05:23:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> writes:
> It looks like %replace_line expects all its elements to have one space
> between each token, still this is not enforced with a check across its
> hardcoded elements?

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I wouldn't do it exactly like
that, but with a check that the entry gets matched somewhere.
The other patchset adds cross-checks that each ecpg.addons entry is
used exactly once, but there's no such check for these arrays that
are internal to parse.pl. Can't quite decide if it's worth adding.

I debugged the patch in this thread by checking that the emitted
preproc.y didn't change, but that might not be helpful for changes
that are actually intended to change the grammar.