Re: Logging behavior not changing on reload

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Matthew Foster - NOAA Federal <matthew(dot)foster(at)noaa(dot)gov>
Cc: Jayadevan M <maymala(dot)jayadevan(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Logging behavior not changing on reload
Date: 2014-04-02 13:50:42
Lists: pgsql-novice

Matthew Foster - NOAA Federal <matthew(dot)foster(at)noaa(dot)gov> writes:
> Thank you for the quick reply. SHOW indeed indicates that the parameters
> have not actually changed. I guess my next question is: Why did they not
> change on reload?

Likely theories include:

* You did the reload wrong. You did not mention exactly how
you did it, so it's hard to speculate about this.

* You did the parameter change in postgresql.conf wrong. A typical gotcha
is forgetting to remove the comment marker '#', but any sort of syntax
error will cause Postgres to not process the change.