Re: Rule updates and PQcmdstatus() issue

From: Steve Howe <howe(at)carcass(dot)dhs(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Rule updates and PQcmdstatus() issue
Date: 2002-09-07 01:30:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Bruce,

BM> I am not any happier about it than you are. Your report is good because
BM> it is the first case where returning the wrong value actually breaks
BM> software. You may be able to justify adding a fix during beta by saying
BM> it is a bug fix.
Actually I think it must have happened with someone else, but they
must have quit using rules or something...
Actually I can't ensure security in the system without rules.

BM> Of course, someone is going to have to generate a patch and champion the
BM> cause. This stuff doesn't happen by magic.
I understand your point. I just was hoping to see more concern about
the issue by the developers... but that's been broken for months.

Unhappily I can't do it myself because it would take weeks to get
familiar with the inners of PostgreSQL...

Let's hope someone realize how serious is this and make a fix.

Thanks again...
Best regards,
Steve Howe mailto:howe(at)carcass(dot)dhs(dot)org