Re: Commit visibility guarantees

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Marsh Ray <marsh5143(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Commit visibility guarantees
Date: 2009-05-19 07:35:57
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 2009-05-18 at 18:44 -0500, Marsh Ray wrote:

> This is a connection kept open for extended periods, and used
> mutithreadedly for selects only.

I have some code that will allow you to reuse snapshots from one session
to another, which could help your multiple threads see a consistent view
of the database. It isn't updated as yet for 8.2+.

Please contact me off-list if you're interested.

I hope it will be part of PostgreSQL one day.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com