Re: pg_restore fails - postgres 7.3.4

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Rob Long" <rlong(at)micropat(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_restore fails - postgres 7.3.4
Date: 2003-10-02 22:28:33
Lists: pgsql-admin

"Rob Long" <rlong(at)micropat(dot)com> writes:
>>> Trying to dump and restore a production database with no success.
>>>
>>> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: data type
>>> integer has no default operator class for access method "gist"
>>
>> Hm, this is probably a matter of incorrect object restoration order ...
>> could we see the output of "pg_restore -l" for this dump file?

After playing around with this I realize that it's a bug associated with
schemas --- if you have an operator class that's not in pg_catalog, the
opclass name has to be explicitly qualified in pg_dump's output, or it
won't restore correctly. I'm surprised no one reported this before,
since it affects all the contrib operator classes.

Attached is a patch against 7.3.4, in case it helps.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 1.6 KB