Re: an other provokative question??

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Erik Jones <erik(at)myemma(dot)com>
Cc: "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>, volunteer(at)spatiallink(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
Subject: Re: an other provokative question??
Date: 2007-09-07 05:51:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Erik Jones <erik(at)myemma(dot)com> writes:
> I'm curious, given that Postgres wasn't even an SQL-centric database
> when the original project ended, how much of the current Postgres
> code base still contains code from the original project before the
> incorporation of SQl rename to PostgreSQL?

You can still find a lot of code in the current CVS that has obvious
ancestry in Postgres v4r2. I think there might not be too many lines
that have never been changed at all, but nobody who could read C would
have any problem detecting the relationship.

Elein might have more to say on the point... I'm just a newbie.