Trigger to clone across databases?

From: Darren Govoni <darren(at)ontrenet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trigger to clone across databases?
Date: 2009-01-17 01:31:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I'm looking for a trigger (any language) that can clone the inserted
row and insert it in another postgres server elsewhere. Is this
possible? Practical? Thoughts?

I know there are some replication systems out there, but I'm hoping a
simple trigger will suffice since I only need to clone one row at a time
on insert.

Cheers,
Darren