Re: questions for the patch 'Enable pl/python to return records based on multiple OUT params' during reviewing

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)krosing(dot)net>
To: ssmei_2000(at)yahoo(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: questions for the patch 'Enable pl/python to return records based on multiple OUT params' during reviewing
Date: 2008-12-18 22:15:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 19:03 -0800, Unicron wrote:
> I created a function for testing the patch, but when i run following
> command, the function always raise an exception
>
> select test_in_params('first');
> ERROR: plpython: function "test_in_params" failed
> DETAIL: exceptions.NameError: global name 'first' is not defined
>
> here is the script of fucntion
> create or replace function test_in_params(first text)
> returns text
> as $$
> return first + 'first'
> $$LANGUAGE plpythonu;

what version of postgresql are you are you running

hannu=# create or replace function test_in_params(first text)
hannu-# returns text
hannu-# as $$
hannu$# return first + 'first'
hannu$# $$LANGUAGE plpythonu;
CREATE FUNCTION
hannu=# select test_in_params('first');
test_in_params
firstfirst
(1 row)

Support for named parameters has been in postgresql singce at least 8.2,
maybe 8.1 even.

Hannu