Re: Segmentation fault with 8.3 FTS ISpell

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Hannes Dorbath <light(at)theendofthetunnel(dot)de>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault with 8.3 FTS ISpell
Date: 2008-01-15 20:43:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hannes Dorbath <light(at)theendofthetunnel(dot)de> writes:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Can you please provide a backtrace from gdb?

> I hope that contains it: http://theendofthetunnel.de/backtrace.log

Hmmm --- one thing that jumps out at me is that SplitToVariants assumes
(in four places) that the SplitVar.stem arrays can't overflow. Now 1024
entries does sound like plenty, but perhaps a malformed dictionary could
cause the code to overrun that? Or an extremely long input word?
Personally I'd put some checks on nstem in there ...