Re: primary index permits duplicates

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: H Hale <hhale21(at)rogers(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: primary index permits duplicates
Date: 2006-02-17 20:31:38
Lists: pgsql-general

H Hale <hhale21(at)rogers(dot)com> writes:
> dsuuid is a custom data type for uuids with an external library with comparsion functions.

Unless you can reproduce this with a standard datatype, you should
probably file this report with the developer(s) of dsuuid. It sounds
like an incorrect comparison function to me.

> The compare returns 0 if equal otherwise non-zero.

In fact, if that's what the code actually thinks the API is, that's
the problem right there ... it's supposed to be a three-way result.