Re: Logging Parameter Values

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo(at)ttmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Logging Parameter Values
Date: 2008-06-19 14:39:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo(at)ttmail(dot)com> writes:
> While log_statements logs parameter values with the logged queries, I
> cannot see parameter values logged for erronous queries and queries
> catched by log_min_duration_statements.

What PG version are you using? Since 8.2 log_duration should show
parameter values. As for the other, you'd have to turn on
log_statements so that the parameters get logged in advance of the
failure. Once the transaction has failed we can't call user-defined
output functions, since they might try to do things that don't work
inside a failed transaction.