Re: Bitmap Indexes patch (was Re: Bitmap Indexes: request for feedback)

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov(dot)vladimir(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Gianni Ciolli <gianni(dot)ciolli(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it>
Subject: Re: Bitmap Indexes patch (was Re: Bitmap Indexes: request for feedback)
Date: 2008-11-04 00:12:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 16:53 -0700, Vladimir Sitnikov wrote:

> The major thing there is to get the modifications right. There is no
> much sense in reviewing "wrong" code against "locking issues".

I didn't say there were no other bugs, nor would I know, only that I had
reviewed the locking issues specifically because of the possible effects
on Hot Standby. I haven't seen any problems that would be caused by
locking. In general, all aspects of code needs to be checked, especially
if there are bugs, else how would you resolve them?

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com