Re: [Xen-users] SNMP AgentX subagent for Xen

From: "Brian A(dot) Seklecki" <bseklecki(at)collaborativefusion(dot)com>
To: Alain Barthe <ab266061(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: xen-users(at)lists(dot)xensource(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, net-snmp-users(at)lists(dot)sourceforge(dot)net
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] SNMP AgentX subagent for Xen
Date: 2008-06-02 12:12:11
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 09:10 +0200, Alain Barthe wrote:
> 2008/5/31 Brian A. Seklecki (Mobile)
> <bseklecki(at)collaborativefusion(dot)com>:
> There should be a AgentX sub-agent for Xen that feeds Net-SNMP
> ~BAS

We can work on one. The Net-SNMP folks have a great AgentX API I hear.

I also need to write one for PostgreSQL. CC'ing various parties.

With PgSQL its easy to write a POSTGRESQL-MIB -- you just transclude the
pg_catalog and information_schema schemas in template1 into SNMP tables.

With Xen we'd have to look at how a Net-SNMP daemon running in DOM0
could read the specs from "xm info" (/proc maybe)

Sounds like a fun project.

~BAS

--
Brian A. Seklecki <bseklecki(at)collaborativefusion(dot)com>
Collaborative Fusion, Inc.