moving an installation

From: "David Parker" <dparker(at)tazznetworks(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: moving an installation
Date: 2004-07-15 20:05:20
Lists: pgsql-general

I need to be able to build postgres (7.4.3) with a given --prefix, but
then pack up the installation directory and deploy it in another
directory (as part of a product install, for instance).

I configured with --disable-rpath, but I'm still getting the

creating conversions... ERROR: could not access file
"$libdir/ascii_and_mic": No such file or directory

error when I try to run initdb from the new location. This is on Solaris
9, and I've verified that my LD_LIBRARY_PATH includes the postgres/lib
dir in the new location.

Is there a way I can get around this at runtime? I was under the
impression that --disable-rpath prevented library paths from being
compiled into the code, but maybe this "$libdir" is a different thing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

- DAP
David Parker Tazz Networks (401) 709-5130