[Pljava-dev] (no subject)

From: jluo at teltronics(dot)com (Joves Luo)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] (no subject)
Date: 2005-03-28 21:59:56
Lists: pljava-dev

Thomas Hallgren wrote:

>Only one method needs to be rewritten AFAICS, and that's the
>constructor. Try this:
>
>public OWDBConnection() throws SQLException{
> db = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:default:connection");
>}
>
>That should do it. You will still use JDBC (that's just the interfaces)

>but now you'll use the PL/Java jdbc implementation. The connection used

>by PL/Java is implicit since it reflects the session of the caller of
>the function, hence there's need to "login".
>
>If you got your code working on a windows system you probably have an
>older version of PL/Java then yor setup must be slightly different
>there. PL/Java somehow finds the jar file of the client driver. Perhaps

>you had that jar file in your classpath in combination with a sligthly
>older version of PL/Java where security was not as tight as it is now?
>Eihter that, or you loaded the actual PostgreSQL client driver .jar
file
>into the database using sqlj.install_jar. As I explained earlier, such
>setup might seem to work although what really happens is that your
>function will behave like a client for yet another backend. I have a
>hard time thinking of a case when that would be desirable.
>
>Regards,
>Thomas Hallgren

Thank you once again. I have one (hopefully last) problem.

LOG: Exception

LOG: in thread "main"

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xerces/dom/DocumentImpl

at PGtoXML.OWDBtoXML.<init>(OWDBtoXML.java:19)

at PGtoXML.PGtoXML.getXmlString(PGtoXML.java:7)

ERROR: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/xerces/dom/DocumentImpl

I have installed the xerces xml parser the same way I installed the
PGtoXML jar file. Is there something else I need to do in order to have
PGtoXML see xerces? How do I set the classpath to be seen? I've
already entered:

SELECT sqlj.set_classpath('public', 'xercesImpl');

SELECT sqlj.set_classpath('public', 'xml_apis');

SELECT sqlj.set_classpath('public', 'PGtoXML');

Also, you were right; I was running pljava 1.0.0 on the windows box. I
have replaced it with the latest version, and now both servers are
broken. But I am sure that once I get this to work it'll be better than
what I used to have.

Once again thank you for you help.