Re: Please tell me about character code conversion.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: 久門 愛 <kumon(dot)ai(at)ryobi(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please tell me about character code conversion.
Date: 2021-06-04 04:04:00
Lists: pgsql-general

=?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCNVdMZyEhMCYbKEI=?= <kumon(dot)ai(at)ryobi(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> I would like to set my own character code conversion as DEFAULT CONVERSION.

That's not an area of functionality that ever got fleshed out completely.
What you're thinking about sounds like it'd work, but I'd strongly
suggest experimenting in a scratch database before doing it with
irreplaceable data.

Keep in mind also that pg_dump/pg_upgrade will absolutely not
reproduce this configuration for you.