Re: Performance Question - Table Row Size

From: Mike <akiany(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance Question - Table Row Size
Date: 2007-07-09 21:13:06
Lists: pgsql-general

I see. Thank you for the elaborate response. I have a clearer idea of
what is going on now. In designing my application I was thinking of
storing pieces of my data as serialized python data structures into a
binary field (no more than 15KB), while a friend was arguing I should
store the data in other tables and relate the tables together. He was
arguing storing binary data on a table, even though, it is not queried
slows down other queries and with this.

Thanks again,
Mike