Re: little PITR annoyance

From: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: <ohp(at)pyrenet(dot)fr>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers list" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: little PITR annoyance
Date: 2007-06-08 19:16:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Olivier,

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 11:41 +0200, ohp(at)pyrenet(dot)fr wrote:
> The problem is not with gzip or scp, it is that postmaster refuses to
> start because wal FS is full.

> My questions was: why don't we start the archiving *BEFORE* postmaster to
> make room.

The archiver is executed from the postmaster, so thats not possible.

We could investigate where best to put some code, but it wouldn't be
executed very frequently.

Why not just execute the archive_command in a script, replacing
the .ready with .done files in archive_status directory when its
processed?

--
Simon Riggs