postgres service can't restart/start

From: Pepe TD Vo <pepevo(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PgAdmin Support List <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres service can't restart/start
Date: 2019-12-04 17:55:27
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-admin

Hi experts,
I am trying to install Postgresql 11.1 replication master-slave.  The configure, make and make install went well.  Initdb to the shared drive and psql are up and running. After configured pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf, I can't restart the service and/or reload.  Error is:ATHENTICATING for org.freedesktop.systemd1.manage-units ---Athentication is required to manage system services or units.authenticating as :user1Password:-- ATHENTICATION COMPLETE --Failed to start psotgres-11.service: unit no found.
I worked around and add the postgres on pg_hba.conf and using pg_ctl to reload the service.  Postgres server stopped but can't start, it complained about checkpoint_segments which I have set its to 8.
Working with SA to reconfigure the authenticating and the server reaching out and getting authenticaion from org.freedesktop.systemd1.nanage-units.  How can I by pass this issue and bring the postgres up?

Bach-Nga

No one in this world is pure and perfect.  If you avoid people for their mistakes you will be alone. So judge less, love and forgive more.To call him a dog hardly seems to do him justice though in as much as he had four legs, a tail, and barked, I admit he was, to all outward appearances. But to those who knew him well, he was a perfect gentleman (Hermione Gingold)
**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success