Re: Autovacuum keeps vacuuming a table disabled in pg_autovacuum

From: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Autovacuum keeps vacuuming a table disabled in pg_autovacuum
Date: 2007-06-01 14:19:55
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 15:58, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Try reindexing the table; that should make the problem go away. Also,
> update to the latest of the 8.1 branch ASAP.

Reindexing won't work, it would mean hours of downtime. I plan to move
the DB to 8.2 via slony in ~2-3 weeks, that should take care of the
bloating too.

Regarding upgrade, I have to use the CVS version because I have some
local patches to apply. Now what is more recommended, use the latest
version on the REL8_1_STABLE branch or stick with REL8_1_9 ? I checked
and there are quite a few changed files after REL8_1_9.

Thanks,
Csaba.