Referencing any field in a trigger

From: Robert Fitzpatrick <lists(at)webtent(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Referencing any field in a trigger
Date: 2007-05-25 15:17:50
Lists: pgsql-general

How can I reference any NEW field in an insert/update trigger function?
When someone inserts or updates any field with a single asterisk (*), I
need it to become '%%%'. But if they use an asterisk in any combination
with other fields, then I want to TRANSLATE those asterisks to a single
'%'.

I was hoping not to have to test every field in the table.

--
Robert