Re: Dangers of fsync = off

From: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
To: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Dangers of fsync = off
Date: 2007-05-09 13:40:08
Lists: pgsql-general

> [snip] Take the example of a query "UPDATE tablename SET x = x + 1".
> When this query is erroneously issued twice, data corruption will occur.

Huh ? I thought slony is replicating data, not queries... what on the
master is "UPDATE tablename SET x = x + 1" will translate to "UPDATE
tablename SET x = new_value" on the slave, where new_value equals that x
+ 1. That's why slony is working well even if you do "UPDATE tablename
SET x = now()".

Cheers,
Csaba.