Work on Table Inheritance

From: Eliot Simcoe <esimcoe(at)mac(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Work on Table Inheritance
Date: 2005-02-16 15:22:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a project which makes extensive use of the PostgreSQL table inheritance features and am interested in fixing some bugs I have come across. To my knowledge, triggers, primary keys, index, foreign key and unique constraints are not inherited. I am more than willing to put the time into learning the PgSQL source tree and creating/submitting patches to correct the above issues, but I need some help getting started. If there is anyone on the list familiar with this topic who could point me in the right direction, I'll start asap.

Thanks,
Eliot Simcoe