cache - timing

From: "ab" <akanksha(dot)baid(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: akanksha(dot)baid(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: cache - timing
Date: 2007-03-19 05:58:25
Lists: pgsql-general

I am trying to measure the time taken for a number of queries using
\timing .
All queries on my table other than the first one are pretty fast. This
is likely due to caching. Is there any way to clear the internal cache
of Postgres. Should I be worried about the entire OS cache also?

Appreciate the help!
Akanksha