PgSql on Vista?

From: "Arkan" <rocco(dot)zanni(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PgSql on Vista?
Date: 2007-03-14 08:24:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

have anybody installed PgSQL on Windows Vista? I tried yesterday but I
fail... on XP and linux i've installed pgsql much times but on
vista... nothing to do! Version in 8.2.3 with the installer.

If I install with my user account (with administrative rights), the
installlation fails on setting file permission, about at 3/4 of the
process.

If I install with Administrator account, the installer fail when
starting the service..

any ideas?