Re: Database backup mechanism

From: Doug Knight <dknight(at)wsi(dot)com>
To: RaviKumar(dot)Mandala(at)versata(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database backup mechanism
Date: 2007-02-09 13:16:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I would also be interested in any "creative" ways to reduce the size and
time to backup databases/clusters. We were just having a conversation
about this yesterday. We were mulling over things like using rsync to
only backup files in the database directory tree that actually changed.
Or maybe doing a selective backup of files based on modified times, etc,
but were unsure if this would be a safe, reliable way to backup a
reduced set of data.

Doug Knight
WSI Inc.
Andover, MA