Re: [HACKERS] "ExecInitIndexScan: both left and right..." meaning?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ed Loehr <ELOEHR(at)austin(dot)rr(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL HACKERS <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] "ExecInitIndexScan: both left and right..." meaning?
Date: 1999-12-17 23:11:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ed Loehr <ELOEHR(at)austin(dot)rr(dot)com> writes:
> Yes, the query plan changes between working state and non-working state.
> Vaccum triggers the change. Other things may also, I'm not sure yet. Here
> are the failing and successful query plans, respectively...

Mmmm ... I suspected it had something to do with indexscan on the inner
side of a nestloop (the optimizer has some strange hacks for that).
Looks like I was right. Could I trouble you for the EXPLAIN VERBOSE
output, rather than just EXPLAIN? (Preferably, the pretty-printed form
that gets dumped into the postmaster log, not the unreadable form that
psql shows.)