Re: Want to use my own query-plan

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: dakotali kasap <dakotalidavid(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Want to use my own query-plan
Date: 2006-10-21 01:10:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 16:05 -0700, dakotali kasap wrote:
> 1. How can I prepare my own query plan?

You can't: there is currently no public API for constructing plans by
hand. You could kludge something up by hand, but it would be pretty
fragile (internal planner data structures may well change between
releases).

> 2. How can I make postgresql execute my own query plan?

Once you have a valid Plan, you can just feed it to the executor as
normal (CreateQueryDesc(), ExecutorStart(), ExecutorRun(),
ExecutorEnd(), etc.)

-Neil