Re: upgrade to 7.2 & pgdumpall

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Ben-Nes Michael" <miki(at)canaan(dot)co(dot)il>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: upgrade to 7.2 & pgdumpall
Date: 2002-02-20 14:56:45
Lists: pgsql-general

"Ben-Nes Michael" <miki(at)canaan(dot)co(dot)il> writes:
> But still if it was legal relation in 7.1.3 why its not legal in 7.2 ?

pgadmin is making assumptions about the system catalog contents that
aren't true anymore in 7.2. Thus its views on the catalogs break.

> Does pgadmin II install relations of its own in the DB too ?

I think they're views, not tables. Still, I agree that there's no
really good reason to have them. As for whether pgadmin II is less
intrusive, you'll have to go ask its developers.