RE: [GENERAL] We are doing great things with PostgreSQL

From: Evan Howarth <EHowarth(at)Intellicall(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] We are doing great things with PostgreSQL
Date: 1999-01-07 14:14:27
Lists: pgsql-general

<http://www.dejanews.com)> ,
>and do a search for PostgreSQL, ordered by date.
>
>I did this about a year ago, and was disappointed in what I saw.
>
>One year later, huge difference.

I did the same a couple of months ago when I chose PostgreSQL for a
web project. Both the database and public perception have improved. For
this, I think we owe you and the many other contributors a debt of
gratitude.

>In February, we start beta on 6.5, which will have multi-version
>concurrency control, thanks to Vadim.

This is an awesome feature which I have been enjoying for years with
InterBase. Not only are multi-user transactions faster, but multi-versioning
paves the way for more powerful utilities such as backups. Writers don't
affect readers. Period.

Thanks to all who have made PostreSQL succeed,

Evan Howarth