Changing the data directory Ubuntu

From: shaun(dot)ricci(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Changing the data directory Ubuntu
Date: 2006-08-15 18:19:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I have done a good deal of investigation and cannot seem to find a
straight answer. Is there way to change the default data directory?
I am using Ubuntu Dapper LTS. I have a seperate hard drive (and
partition) that I want to keep my data on in case of a problem with the
OS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Shaun