Re: Querying constraints?

From: Chris Mair <chrisnospam(at)1006(dot)org>
To: Lexington Luthor <Lexington(dot)Luthor(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Querying constraints?
Date: 2006-08-10 19:25:20
Lists: pgsql-sql

> Is is possible to query from my application whether there is a primary
> key or unique constraint on a given table and field name(s)?

Curiously enough, I just answered a similar question on the pgsql-admin
list. Try this:

SELECT c.relname as table, r.conname as contraint_name, r.contype as
contraint_type, pg_catalog.pg_get_constraintdef(r.oid, true) as
constraint_definition FROM pg_catalog.pg_constraint r,
pg_catalog.pg_class c WHERE c.oid = r.conrelid;

Bye,
Chris

--

Chris Mair