Re: Forcing wal rotation

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)skype(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>, Postgresql-General <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Forcing wal rotation
Date: 2006-07-16 11:31:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ühel kenal päeval, L, 2006-07-15 kell 22:24, kirjutas Tom Lane:
> Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)skype(dot)net> writes:
> > And by any chance, do you plan to backport the standby WAL playback mode
> > patches to 8.0 and 8.1 series ?
>
> That's not happening ... we do not put new features in stable branches.

Not even the part that is obviously a bugfix ?

I mean the fact that currently checkpoints are not done while doing
playback and any failure during playback causes one to do the whole
playback again from the start, which means among oyher things that you
must keep all your WAL files on the destination machine.

--
Hannu Krosing

Skype me: callto:hkrosing
Get Skype for free: http://www.skype.com