Re: downward dump compatibility

From: tony <tony(at)tgds(dot)net>
To: andy(dot)shellam(at)mailnetwork(dot)co(dot)uk
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: downward dump compatibility
Date: 2006-04-18 13:28:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Le mardi 18 avril 2006 à 14:18 +0100, Andy Shellam a écrit :
> Nothing to do with file size limitations is there?

Not to my knowledge

> What are your system specs?

The public server has about 20 Gb free. It is a RHEL3 system with 1Gb
RAM.

I think that I am running up against the impossibility to load a 8.1.x
dump into a 7.3.x database because of something in my dump that isn't
compatible.

This 8.1 database was converted from 7.1 a while back and it was not an
easy task. I still have to convert it to UTF-8 and sanitise a few
things.

I think I shall sit down and write a dump script that only dumps out the
tables required by the public web app. And I think that I will migrate
the public server to 8.1.x if I find the RPMs for RHEL3

Cheers

Tony