Re: Regrading TODO item alerting pg_hba.conf from SQL

From: Gevik Babakhani <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Regrading TODO item alerting pg_hba.conf from SQL
Date: 2006-04-17 21:54:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello again :)

> It doesn't seem particularly complicated: inside the connection-startup
> transaction done by InitPostgres, you could check to make sure the
> selected user has the CONNECT privilege on the selected database.
> [ looks at code... ] Actually ReverifyMyDatabase is the right place,
> since it already has its hands on the pg_database row. You don't want
> this to cost an extra pg_database search during startup.

I looked at the code as suggested. (so far many questions but I guess
all in right time)

Anyway... would it be correct to start any connection checking
inside the if statement from line 186 "if (IsUnderPostmaster && !
IsAutoVacuumProcess())" in method ReverifyMyDatabase? Sorry for being
too trivial, but I want to be sure.

Regards,
Gevik.