SELECT statements in log files

From: Mario Splivalo <mario(dot)splivalo(at)mobart(dot)hr>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SELECT statements in log files
Date: 2006-03-03 11:19:40
Lists: pgsql-admin

We're using JDBC to connect to postgres server. I've setup logging so
that any query that executes over 100ms gets logged. But, the log file
looks like this:

2006-03-03 12:17:08 CET [31591] <octopussy2> SELECTLOG: duration:
253.307 ms statement: EXECUTE <unnamed> [PREPARE: select * from
create_mt_sms_message($1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $6, $7, $8, $9) as result]

Now, I guess this happened when we switched to the fresh JDBC driver for
postgres 8.1. Before that I could see the actuall values for the $1, $2,
$3 parameters...

Is this a known 'issue', or am I doing something wrong here? Is there a
way to see actuall values using new JDBC driver?

The java client code didn't change a bit. We just switched to
postgres8.1, and upgraded the JDBC driver used by tomcat.

When I connect to postgres from PHP or Python or using just psql, I can
see full SELECT querries logged, with the actuall values for the
parameters.

Mario
--
Mario Splivalo
Mob-Art

"I can do it quick, I can do it cheap, I can do it well. Pick any two."