Re: Default Access Exclusive Lock on Update?

From: seth(dot)m(dot)green(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Default Access Exclusive Lock on Update?
Date: 2006-03-02 14:37:01
Lists: pgsql-general

For anyone that is interested, my problem was solved on another list.
Turns out the TRUNCATE command that I run at the beginning of the SP
creates and holds an access exclusive lock on the table for the entire
duration of the SP. I changed it to DELETE FROM and my problem was
fixed.

Full discussion here -> http://tinyurl.com/rp9jx