Re: Is there a way to limit CPU usage per user

From: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
Cc: Tony Wasson <ajwasson(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>, Luki Rustianto <lukirus(at)gmail(dot)com>, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Is there a way to limit CPU usage per user
Date: 2006-02-10 16:10:59
Lists: pgsql-general

> You do know that statement_timeout can be changed freely via SET,
> right? One way to attack this would be for the clients that are
> issuing known long-running queries to do "SET statement_timeout"
> to boost up their allowed runtime.

How does this apply to autovacuum's long running vacuum commands ? Cause
I have one table where the last vacuum took 15 hours :-)

It's true that now after migration to 8.1 I do the vacuuming manually
for that one and disabled it for autovacuum, but I still could have
other tables which would vacuum in more than 5 minutes (that would be my
statement_timeout for ordinary processes).

Cheers,
Csaba.