Replicating a remote database (backuping)

From: "Silas Justiniano" <silasju(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Replicating a remote database (backuping)
Date: 2006-01-17 19:41:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all!

I was looking for ways to backup my remote database in a local
computer. I was talking to #postgresql folks, who said me to try sloty.

I tried, but I couldn't make it run (I was following
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/slony1/genpage.php?howto_basic).

I have a database that is, for now, 20 Mb. I want to download that
information and store in my local computer everyday in a way that allow
me to upload everything again if something bad occurs with the remote
database.

Is sloty the best choice? Is there anything different?

Thank you! Bye!