storing PDFs

From: "littlebutty" <littlebutty(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: storing PDFs
Date: 2005-12-29 22:45:41
Lists: pgsql-general

I have written software that will dynamically create PDF documents used
within my web application. Because each document is unique, I would
like to store the resultant PDF into a field of the DB. Currently I
just store the file to the server's hard drive and insert a path to the
file the database, but I would like to also store the actual file
itself in a field for redundancy purposes and other business reasons.
I am curious to know what everyone thinks would be the best way to
store PDF files in postgres??