Re: pgsql: Superuser can permit passwordless connections on postgres_fdw

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Superuser can permit passwordless connections on postgres_fdw
Date: 2019-12-20 19:04:37
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

[ redirecting to -hackers ]

Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> writes:
> On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 05:55:10AM +0000, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Superuser can permit passwordless connections on postgres_fdw

> After this commit a couple of buildfarm animals are unhappy with the
> regression tests of postgres_fdw:

Yeah, the buildfarm is *very* unhappy with this.

> CREATE ROLE nosuper NOSUPERUSER;
> +WARNING: roles created by regression test cases should have names
> starting with "regress_"

That one is just failure to follow the guidelines, and is easily
fixed by adjusting the test case.

> These is also a second type of failure:
> -HINT: Valid options in this context are: [...] krbsrvname [...]
> +HINT: Valid options in this context are: [...]
> The diff here is that krbsrvname is not part of the list of valid
> options. Anyway, as this list is build-dependent, I think that this
> test needs some more design effort.

This is a bit messier. But I think that the discrepancy is not
really the fault of this patch: rather, it's a bug in the way the
GSS support was put into libpq. I thought we had a policy that
all builds would recognize all possible parameters and then
perhaps fail later. Certainly the SSL parameters are implemented
that way. The #if's disabling GSS stuff in PQconninfoOptions[]
are just broken, according to that policy.