Converting mysql dump to pgsql

From: Leonard Soetedjo <stelar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Converting mysql dump to pgsql
Date: 2005-10-16 14:20:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

First of all, I don't know whether this is the right place to ask about
the usage of my2pg.pl. Sorry if I'm wrong :)

I'm trying to find a web-based project management that's based on
postgresql. So far I found none. So I'm trying whether it's possible
to convert dotProject from mysql to postgresql.

So far, when I use the my2pg.pl, it doesn't seem to change anything
except removing the "Type=MYISAM" thing. It does not remove the
backtick or changed the auto_increment to a serial type. This is the
steps that I took:

cat dotproject.sql | my2pg.pl > dotproject.sql.pg

But the resulting dump still uses auto_increment & backtick, which
produces error. Am I missing some steps?

Thanks

Regards,

Leonard Soetedjo