Re: Sending function parametars within EXECUTE ''SELECT...

From: Mario Splivalo <mario(dot)splivalo(at)mobart(dot)hr>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Sending function parametars within EXECUTE ''SELECT...
Date: 2005-09-29 07:20:45
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 16:36 +1000, Stewart Ben (RBAU/EQS4) * wrote:
> > Is there a way to assing variable a value returned from query that
> > accesses the temporary table in a way you explained above?
> >
> > For instance, I can do:
> >
> > myValue := col2 FROM tmpTbl WHERE someValue = somethingElse...
>
> If I'm parsing this correctly, all you need do is:
>
> SELECT col2 INTO myValue FROM .......

So, when accessing temporary tables, like this:

EXECUTE ''SELECT col2 INTO myValue FROM tmpTable...''

Don't have postsgres handy now, I'll check that ASAP, but somehow I feel
that I'd run into same problems as before.

I'll try and I'll post a reply here.

Mario
--
Mario Splivalo
Mob-Art

"I can do it quick, I can do it cheap, I can do it well. Pick any two."