rename constraint behavior for duplicate names?

From: Allan Wang <allanvv(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: rename constraint behavior for duplicate names?
Date: 2005-09-01 20:10:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm starting to get into PostgreSQL development by implementing:

%Allow ALTER TABLE ... ALTER CONSTRAINT ... RENAME

from the TODO. I've been looking through the code from CommentConstraint
and ATExecDropConstraint and they error out on duplicate constraint
names for a relation. However, ADD CONSTRAINT's code checks for
duplicates and errors out, so would the stuff in comment/drop be useless
checks then? And I would not have to worry about duplicate constraint
names for my rename code?

Allan Wang