[Pljava-dev] date handling...

From: gm at winls(dot)com (George McQuade)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] date handling...
Date: 2005-08-18 03:46:28
Lists: pljava-dev

Thanks for the response Thomas.

The timezones are indeed different. show all from psql shows Time Zone
as 'undefined'. The jvm returns CST6CDT.

We forced the timezone in the db server to 'CST6CDT' and the one 1 day
difference is still there.

We set the timezone in the db server to 'GMT' and pl/java returns the
correct date, no 1 day difference at all.

I think I read somewhere that it is a good practice to set the db server
time to GMT and let the client specify the client's timezone. We are now
in the process of testing our db server/client software to interact
against db servers running in GMT, seems to be the choice most people
use.

Thanks again.

george