Suspend Referential Integrity?

From: Jim Jarrett <jarrett(at)rpa(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Suspend Referential Integrity?
Date: 2005-08-09 13:14:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm trying to port a database from Oracle to PostgreSQL. I used a perl script,
ora2pg to extract the info from Oracle.

The table data was extracted in alphabetical order. When I attempt to load it,
I get referential integrity violations (eg. I attempt to load CUSTOMER, but
CUSTOMOER depends on the SOURCE table, which hasn't been loaded yet).

Is there a way to temporarily suspend RI checking so I can load the data and
then fix it later?

| Jim Jarrett,Madison, WI 94 Passat GLX |
| mailto:jarrett(at)rpa(dot)net 81 Rabbit Convertible 16v |
| |
| Any problem can be solved with the proper application of |
| Force, Heat, Chemicals, or Money. |