Re: how to select

From: Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>
To: jvilla(at)innovativesource(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how to select
Date: 2005-07-29 19:17:36
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 14:19, Jonathan Villa wrote:
> Ok, this is odd...
>
> I tried ending with a semicolon before, and received this error
>
> ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "select"
>
> I have to do it twice before I get it works...here's an example
>
> select project_name from project_group_list;
> ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "select"
> select project_name from project_group_list;
>
> that's odd...

Not really. You already had a query queued up and ready to run.
MySQL, by the way, works EXACTLY the same in this context.

mysql> select * from test
-> select * from test;
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the
manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near 'select * from test' at line 2