Re: strange behvaviour in join? BUG in 7.02?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Radoslaw Stachowiak <radek(at)alter(dot)pl>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: strange behvaviour in join? BUG in 7.02?
Date: 2000-11-10 14:59:10
Lists: pgsql-general

"Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> You are actually doing a 3-way join, with linia included twice.
> It is implicitly included a second time when a column is referenced
> from it without the alias.

7.1 will provide a NOTICE that's intended to alert people that such
constructs probably don't do what they're expecting:

regression=# select f.f1, int4_tbl.f1 from int4_tbl f;
NOTICE: Adding missing FROM-clause entry for table "int4_tbl"

although I wonder whether this will leave the query author any
less confused :-(.