Using subselects as joins in POstgeSQL (possible?, examples)

From: frank church <pgsql(at)adontendev(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Using subselects as joins in POstgeSQL (possible?, examples)
Date: 2005-07-22 12:13:17
Lists: pgsql-sql

Is it possible to use subselects as joins in PostgreSQL.

eg.

select a.a, a.b, a.c, b.a, b.b. b.c from (first subsselect) a (second subselect)
b where (in table criteria) and a.a = b.a

or

select a.a, a.b, a.c, b.a, b.b. b.c from (first subsselect) a join (second
subselect) b on a.a = b.a where (in table criteria)

I have a feeling it is possible but I need the right syntax

//Frank