with or without timezone?

From: Joshua N Pritikin <jpritikin(at)pobox(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: with or without timezone?
Date: 2005-05-07 14:25:30
Lists: pgsql-general

I am designing a new schema from scratch. Which type is more natural to
work with, a timestamp with a timezone or without a timezone? I read
the 7.4 documentation on timezones two or three times but I'm still not
really sure. The fact that the default is without time zone suggests
that without is more natural. But I have a vague preference for with
time zone. Can someone push me in the right direction?

--
If you are an American then support http://fairtax.org
(Permanently replace 50,000+ pages of tax law with about 200 pages.)